Sunday, December 31, 2017

Want to Play Smoke?


Anyone want to play Smoke? If you are new here and unfamiliar with this game, see this post.

One question at a time (especially you, Eric, who always wins), but not one question each. Questions and answers appear at the bottom of this post.



Y'all run over to Corn Dog's and watch her video on Sunny California before you get started here!!!


Aaron took some gorgeous photos after the ice storm in upstate New York. I'm posting my favorites here, but you can see more on his blog.

Do you see the "ghost" face?



Ice-covered fence




Frozen Berries


I love the colors in this one!



Questions and answers to the game will appear here. Other comments will be in the comment section.


I am a deceased European.

AMY:
If you were a language, which language would you speak (I mean, be)(heh)?

Smoke: La langue de amour et aventure amoureuse!

MISTY:
what era are you?

Smoke:
Je vivre ère Le Monde du éclat. I was born around the turn of the 20th Century.

DWIGHT:
If you were an alcoholic beverage, shared among good friends gathering by the fireplace on a cold night, which would you be?

Smoke: Louis XIII Cognac.
Undoubtedly the world's finest, this exceptional Cognac has always been a favorite in the world of politics, fashion, and art. Rémy Martin Louis XIII uses only grapes from the Grande Champagne region which guarantees its unique, exclusive quality. It is blended from eaux de vie, some more than a century in age, then it is aged in 'tiercons', barrels that are several hundred years old, in a cellar set apart for it alone. Louis XIII has been created by three generations of cellar masters to be, simply, the highest quality Cognac available.

ERIC: If you were a body of water?
Smoke: La Seine River, of course.
LITTLE BIRD BLUE: If you were the pile of a carpet, how would you feel beneath bare toes?

Smoke: I would feel like fur. Nothing compares to the soft fur of a bear, no? Grizzily or polar bear will suffice. They are nice for making love, too, no?
Oui. (I think I misread the question. I suppose a better answer is that I'd probably feel trampled on.)
LITTLE BIRD BLUE: If you were a literary subgenre, which would you be?

Smoke: Literary Fiction


LITTLE BIRD BLUE: If you rode a schoolbus, where would you sit (like, w/the bad kids at the back, or the do-gooders up front, or what)?

Smoke: There were no school busses when I was a child. I did without many things, but I think I would have sat up front.

TATTIEHEID: If you were a song?

Smoke: I am Liszt's "Liebestraum," Nocturne No.3

MISTY: If you were a dessert?
Smoke: I have been dessert to a few wealthy men, but I could never eat dessert. Au contraire! The woman's body must be slim, her hips slender. Breasts are gauche and of the pauvre. Clothing looks so much better without them. The body should be free and unencumbered. Away with corsets!

ERIC:
If you were a specific part of anatomy....

Smoke: I would never be a specific part of the anatomy. My job is to make each part sing, to have fun, to be elegant, in an understated way.

ERIC:
If I was a letter of the alphabet, which letter would I be and why?

Smoke: I'd be a C. I like C's. They have a certain panache. And, as an added bonus, now that I've thought about it, if I were a number, I'd be No. 5.

TATTIEHEID:
What do you look for in a lover?

Smoke: Money, and his willingness to give it to me. I couldn't run my business without it, nor live in the style to which I've become accustomed. It's very important in my line of work to exude an aura of luxury and beauty (and to smell exquisite).
TATTIEHEID: It's Coco Chanel. You gave too many clues at the end. :)

Smoke: We have a winner. Very good, Tattieheid!

(Wish I had a prize for you. Sorry. Usually, the winner takes the game to his or her blog, but so far, none of the winners have a blog. So there you have it.)




Coco Chanel Aug 19, 1883 - Jan 10, 1971

"A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous."

I just saw this article about Chanel in the news.

36 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ice pictures. We were promised ice and it never came. I'd like my money back, please.

    My question for Smoke (games, games! I love games!):

    If you were a language, which language would you speak (I mean, be)(heh)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are nice, aren't they? Let me know if you get that refund. I'll see if that works here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:20 PM

    what era are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:50 AM

    If you were an alcoholic beverage, shared among good friends gathering by the fireplace on a cold night, which would you be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dwight. Nice to see you. Your question will be up in a second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:24 AM

    If you were a body of water...?

    If you...oh wait...sorry.

    Love the pics. And yes, I see dead people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fall to pieces comes to mind on that top puzzle. I loved the ICE shots! NICE! ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you were the pile of a carpet, how would you feel beneath bare toes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey y'all. Sorry for the delay. I had to catch some zzzzz's.

    Hey Eric, you're not supposed to see dead people (do you really?), just one ghost face.

    Hi LZ, it's always a pleasant surprise when you pop in. Where in the world did you travel to this week? You're like "Where's Waldo?"

    Hey Little Bird. You're up in a jiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAH!
    Trampled on, bien sur!


    If you were a literary subgenre, which would you be?

    If you rode a schoolbus, where would you sit (like, w/the bad kids at the back, or the do-gooders up front, or what)?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's two questions, Little Bird, but since no one else is playing, I guess it doesn't much matter. I answered both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry. I don't feel like I'm playing very well.

    Your time frame rules out my Victor Hugo & Dumas guesses.

    Your Bearskin rug and cognac rule out my feminine guesses (Collette, Simone de Beauvoir) and my proletariat ones (Zola, Camus, Sartre).

    I suppose Proust was too early?

    I think I've exhausted my limited knowledge of French authors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not familiar with this game, but I enjoyed reading your answers. Tres bein!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:06 PM

    The ice pictures are nice.

    (To answer your earlier question - I don't have a blog and the jury's still out on whether I will. I do like visiting blogs though.)

    I have a couple of ideas as to the identity of smoke but I'll not jump in thios early.

    Lets see, a question, "If you were a song?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:44 PM

    If you were a dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tattieheid, sometimes not blogging is a better use of time. My hat's off to you.

    Hey, little seester. Good question!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, and Tattieheid, feel free to guess anytime. The object of the game is to win. If you get it wrong, you can always guess again, and the wrong answers will be eliminated!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:46 AM

    Me had been away so me will venture a quick guess: Simone de Beauvoir, perhaps??
    Will have to read things more carefully in the next round.
    P.S Me like the name change, but is happy the avatar is still the same

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, lovely pictures!

    Our weather is taking a bad turn now...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Jane Avril.

    If incorrect: If you were a specific part of anatomy....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Scary, It's not Simone de Beauvoir (it's not Collette, either). In fact, it's not an author at all. I didn't change my title -- what is it about my avatar? I don't know, but I'm glad it works.

    Sorry about your weather, Zinnia. Where do you live?

    Sorry, Eric, it's not Jane Avril.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2:01 PM

    Elegant in an understated way, hmmm? Well if it's not Courtney Love, then you've got me stumped!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous3:09 PM

    If I was a letter of the alphabet, which letter would I be and why?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I waste just as much time reading other peoples blogs and browsing the internet generally. There is so much out there to learn, makes a good excuse for not getting any work done. :)

    I'll take a guess at Edith Piaf, for some reason she has taken over my brain and I can't get rid of her.

    If not then another question for Smoke "What do you look for in a lover?"

    ReplyDelete
  25. No, I don't want to play smoke. I'm pmsing and don't want to play anything. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. (ducks) Ooooh, shesawriter, here, have some chocolate. Have some Midol. Have fifty of the best words ever written (slides them over cautiously). Take them. They're yours.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous6:19 AM

    Cora Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm probably showing my ignorance, Steve, but who is Cora Pearl? I've never heard of her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous7:13 AM

    Cora Pearl was my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous7:27 AM

    It's Coco Chanel. You gave too many clues at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous1:31 PM

    Well played, tattieheid. Well played, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous4:46 PM

    It would be almost worth starting a blog to host this game. Almost..

    Thanks for the fun. The earlier clues rang a bell but I just couldn't place them. I remember seeing a TV documentary on Coco Chanel many years ago and some of these comments were mentioned then. An amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats, Tattieheid!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wish I'd seen that documentary, Tattieheid.

    Thanks to everyone who played. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, but spam and phishing are not. Comments containing links will not be approved.